Making a Complaint

We welcome feedback from our patients, both positive and negative, so that we can continuously evaluate our service and make improvements where necessary.

​If you do wish to raise a concern about the practice or the service received from any member of the staff, please speak to your Practice Lead in the first instance.  Most issues can be resolved easily and quickly if dealt with at the time they occur.

​If however, you do wish to make a formal complaint in writing, then please do so as soon as possible, addressing your complaint to your Practice Lead, so that we can start to make investigations straight away.  Alternatively you may prefer to make an appointment to meet with the Practice Lead so that they can discuss your complaint with you in person.

Complaining on behalf of another

If you wish to complain on behalf of another, then we must have a signed letter of consent from them.  If they are unable to provide authorisation due to lack of mental capacity or severe illness, then we would need to obtain this from the person who has Lasting Power of Attorney. In some cases, where a child is aged 12 years old or over, we may need a signed letter consent from them too.

​Our complaints procedure is evidence based and aims to adhere to the principles of openness, transparency and fairness. It meets the national standards set down in the Local Authority Social Services and National Health Service Complaints (England) Regulations 2009.

​Who else can help you with your complaint?

Patient Experience Team – Cambridgeshire & Peterborough CCG

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) Patient Experience Team is here to help you. We listen to our patients, carers and relatives to improve patient care. Your views count. Your experiences matter.

Further information is available at – PALS 

Complaints to NHS England

We hope that, if you have an issue, you will use our practice complaints procedure as we believe this will give us the best opportunity to put right whatever has gone wrong. However, there may be an occasion where you feel unable to communicate with us and you may prefer to approach NHS England, who is the commissioner of Primary Care Services.

Their contact details are as follows:

​Telephone: 0300 311 2233
Email: [email protected]
Postal address: NHS England, P.O.Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT
Further information is available at

​The case will then be relayed to the appropriate local area team (LAT) for investigation and response.

​The Health Service Ombudsman

If, at the end of the complaint process, you are not satisfied with the outcome, you have the option to contact the Health Service Ombudsman to request an independent review of your complaint.

Helpline: 0345 015 4033
Email:[email protected]
Postal Address: The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman, Citygate, Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3HQ

Please note that if you approach the Ombudsman directly without using our practice complaints procedure first, they may refer you back to us so we have the chance to resolve your complaint locally.

NHS Complaints Advocacy Service

If you need support or assistance in pursuing your complaint you can contact the NHS Complaints Advocacy on 0330 330 5454, also you can contact.  POhWER provide a free, independent and confidential advocacy service to support people with their NHS complaint.

Telephone: 0300 200 0084
Email: [email protected]


They provide a free confidential service.

Write to: 27 London Road, Peterborough PE2 8AN
Telephone: 0300 222 5704
Email: [email protected]

Complaint Form

You can submit any complaints or comments via the form below.

Date of Birth