What is Social Prescribing?
- A service that is embedded in your GP surgery alongside your GP and other practice staff, that aims to connect you to services and/or activities that may help improve your health and wellbeing.
- A confidential space to talk
- A space to explore issues that are negatively affecting your physical and mental health and overall wellbeing; those things ‘Matter to You’
- Practical, helpful and non-judgemental support
- A place to receive advice, guidance and advocacy
- We also support with other services involved in your care
- Signposting and/or referral to services, support and community groups
- A service to improve hope for the future, social connection & independence
Advice provided and services we signpost and refer to include:
- Benefits Advice
- Bereavement Support
- Budgeting Advice
- Debt Advice
- Domestic Abuse Support
- Family Support Services
- Housing Advice
- Mental Health Support
- Physical Health Activities
- Social Activities
- Specialist Services
- Specific Condition Support
- Support Groups
- Work, Education and Training
Our Social Prescribing Link Worker is Billy Reynolds.
You can do a self-referral by using our online consultation service Anima to ask for an appointment with Billy.